The fastest and most effective way to get whiter, brighter teeth is to visit the dentist's office. Learn just how long your tooth whitening results will last after your appointment with Uday Parikh, DDS, who Suwanee patients count on for the very best teeth whitening.
The Tooth Whitening Process
As you age, the color of your teeth begins to change. This is due to the foods you eat, the beverages you drink and the general aging process. It can also be caused by tooth decay and damage to the enamel.
The process of whitening is straightforward and relatively quick compared to other options:
1) Dentist evaluates your smile to ensure you’re a good candidate for whitening.
2) The dentist inserts a retracting device to protect your lips and cheeks.
3) A high-powered teeth whitening gel is applied to the surface of the teeth.
4) A curing light activates the whitening effect.
5) After about an hour or two, you’ll walk out of your Suwanee dentist’s office with a noticeably brighter smile.
How Long Can It Last?
One major benefit of tooth whitening by a professional is that the effects are long-lasting. After a treatment, you can reasonably expect your teeth to be whiter for at least one or two years. If you keep up with regular checkups and at-home care, the effects could last even longer. Consider purchasing a toothpaste brand that contains a whitening agent and avoid foods that can stain your teeth. Quit smoking, drink your favorite beverages through a straw and try to remember to brush after meals.
Make Time for Bettering Your Smile
Call (770) 614-3232 to schedule a time to meet with Dr. Uday Parikh at his Suwanee office. In-office teeth whitening is a quick and simple procedure that can give you the amazing smile that you’ve always wanted.